BW Online | June 27, 2003 | Coming Soon: A Horror Show for TV Ads
"Coming Soon: A Horror Show for TV Ads
TiVo's digital recorders indicate that viewers don't necessarily watch the ads, even on hit shows. Agencies and networks are still in denial."
Reality check...I have never really watched ads. Even before I got my Dish Direct satellite receiver with built in PVR, I would mute the audio during TV ads. I hate commercials. I find them imposing and annoying. I purchased satellite radio for my automobile for almost entirely this reason.
What do the networks want? Pry open our eyelids? Ever seen "A Clockwork Orange?" Put sensors in our couch to pause ads when you get up to go piss?
I already pay over $100 a month for my satellite programming. Advertising is becoming more pervasive. Many shows are incorporating products in the script.
My time is money and I'm not going to pay my money to have to sit through ads. The current advertising supported economic model must change to accommodate the new era. Its not the consumer's responsibility to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment