Friday, May 09, 2003

E3 stirs up game console speculation | CNET News.com

Some news from the E3 Tradeshow.

I own the two mainstream game consoles, the XBOX and PS2. The XBOX Live experience is far superior to what's available on the PS2. I have played SOCOM extensively on the PS2 and it is a great game, but it is often unreliable.

Mech Assault on the XBOX is downright awesome and I have played it countless hours. Unreal Championship is equally impressive.

It is exciting to read about some of the plans that Microsoft has for XBOX Live. Out of game chat and friend list functions will be welcome additions. Also, MS plans to add a multimedia upgrades to the XBOX, allowing users to upload MP3's and other multimedia files to the console for playback. Hopefully, it will include the ability to play files from another PC on your LAN!

The underpowered Gamecube basically a non-contender. The Gamecube is nothing more than a symbol of Nintendo's arrogance and a gross miscalculation.

No comments: