I love going to my local SprintPCS store. It's always the same scenario: Five representatives standing around doing nothing and a line a mile long at the counter where two chippy bimbos are S-L-O-W-L-Y helping customers.
Today I dropped off my Sanyo 8100 for a firmware upgrade. When I picked it up, only half of the changes were made (PRL not changed)..no big surprise. How could I have expected any more?
So I hand the phone back to one of the girls. Standing behind her is a mutant male who from all angles, appears to be the offspring of a buffalo and porcupine. He's blathering smart elick remarks the entire time, heckling the girl and trying to appear intelligent. She doesn't know how to set the PRL. Sitting on the counter, six feet behind her he coaches her, in the most indirect manner, seemly determined to appear as disinterested as possible. She fumbles around for a few minutes. He's got one eye on her and is carrying on a conversation with another sluffer. I lose my patience. I say to him, "come over here and help her if you know how to do this." He sighs and looks at the other guy, like "get a load of this asshole." He comes over to the terminal and completes the configuration in seconds, rolls his eyes and walks off.
I love this because it is exactly the kind of anger therapy I need...and I come away from it feeling refreshed and a little more convinced that without idiots, there would be no excellent people.
No comments:
Post a Comment